Fontana San Zan
- address , 25070 Bione (BS)
The fountain of St. John (also known as San Zan) and another fountain in the town square, give this little corner the character of a fortified medieval village. Fountains and washbasins are present in various complexes of the inhabited centre of Bione and they are a characterising aspect of the village. Throughout history, especially before water was easily accessible to every dwelling, they were the major meeting points for women across the village, who met there daily to wash clothes and linen. The fountain of San Zan, located in the village of Pieve, is the oldest example. Recently renovated, it dates back to 1400 and is protected by an outdoor porch, supported by pillars.